Eyelid Lift vs Brow Lift: Which is Right for Me?
If you’re dealing with a sagging brow, forehead wrinkles and heavy or hooded eyelids, you might be wondering whether you should get an eyelid lift or a brow lift to smooth the lines and refresh your look, eliminating the tired, grouchy or older appearance and taking years off your face.
What does a brow lift do?
A brow lift smooths the appearance of crow’s feet, frown lines and creases on the forehead and can also improve the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes. Loose skin on the brow can also cause the upper eyelids to hang and appear hooded. In this case, a brow lift can also lift the upper eyelids.
What does an eyelid lift do?
An eyelid lift is a very common and popular procedure. This procedure addresses loose skin, puffy bags or fat deposits under and around the eyes, tightening the upper and lower eyelids. Also called a blepharoplasty, an eye lift removes excess skin and fat, but does not lift or change the position of the eyebrows.
If you’re happy with the shape and placement of your brows and you aren’t worried about a heavily lined or sagging brow, but there is excess skin around your eyes, an eye lift is a good choice. However, if your brow has lost its shape or is sagging, or if there is loose skin or fat pockets in more areas than the eyelid, a brow lift is likely better.
Which one is right for me, a brow lift or an eyelid lift?
The decision about which procedure is best for you is a personal choice. During your consultation with Dr. Saigal, you can talk through each procedure, your concerns and aesthetic goals, and which treatment options are best for you. The following information can help you compare the procedures and their benefits.
Brow lift candidates
- Have a sagging, heavy brow
- Have a furrowed brow
- Have deep creases and forehead lines
Eyelid lift candidates
- Have bags or circles under the eyes
- Have sagging or drooping upper eyelids
- Have puffy skin or fat deposits under the eyes
Brow lift benefits
- Smooths frown lines
- Raises a sagging brow
- Lifts sagging upper eyelids
- Raises eyebrows to a more youthful position
- Gives your face a more pleasant appearance
Eyelid lift benefits
- Reduces eye bags
- Reduces puffiness under the eyes
- Improves field of vision
- Gives a more youthful and rested appearance
- Reduces dark circles under the eyes
- Provides more fullness under the lower eyelids
- Reduces fine lines around the eyes