For all surgeries, Dr. Saigal’s office will provide you with a detailed aftercare plan upon discharge, as well as a schedule for follow up visits. Below you will find a general overview of what to expect after your surgery.
Immediately after your procedure:
- You should have an adult with you to drive you home and complete any household chores as needed
- Dressings should remain in place for at least 24 hours
- If you’ve had facial surgery, be sure to rest with your head elevated for a week after surgery. Sleep with your face to the ceiling, not on your stomach or your side
- Use pain medications by taking them as prescribed at the first sign of discomfort. Don’t wait for the pain to increase before swallowing your pills
- For most major surgeries, you may need to rest for seven to 10 days on average
- You can use ice packs to help control your swelling
- Be careful sitting down and standing up, as you may feel some dizziness. Take your time and go slowly
Caring for your incisions:
You can wash your incision sites three times a day with soap and water and then gently pat the area dry. You can clean the wound with a Q-tip and a solution of 50% hydrogen peroxide and 50% warm water. You can then cover the wound with the antibiotic ointment provided by Dr. Saigal.
Dr. Saigal may prescribe oral antibiotics to help prevent infection after surgery. You will be directed to take them in either liquid or tablet form. Be sure to finish the full course of antibiotics, even if you don’t feel you need them. When it comes to infections, it is better to be safe than sorry. If you are using birth control pills, please be aware that antibiotics can sometimes render them ineffective, so check with your doctor for an alternative.
Alastin Skincare can be a beneficial addition to your post-cosmetic procedure skincare routine. The brand's products often contain TriHex Technology, a proprietary blend that helps to clear out damaged proteins and promote the production of new, healthy elastin and collagen. Using Alastin Skincare post-procedure may contribute to faster recovery, reduced inflammation, and improved overall skin texture.